Welcome to the OpenLP User Manual¶
The OpenLP User Manual is here to help you learn how to use OpenLP. From installing, to setting up your monitors, to using OpenLP on a regular basis, all the information you need to know is in here. And if you see some of it is missing, please help us add it.
Download This Manual¶
You can download this manual as a PDF from here: https://manual.openlp.org/OpenLP.pdf
To open the downloaded manual, you’ll need a PDF reader. On macOS and Linux your computer should already have a PDF reader. On Windows you’ll need to install SumatraPDF.
If you’re reading the downloaded manual, you can get the online version at https://manual.openlp.org
Getting Started With OpenLP¶
- First Time Wizard
- Menu Items
- Configuring OpenLP
- Configuring the Main Window
- Backing up OpenLP
- Dual Monitor Setup
- Print Service
- Projector Manager
- Plugin List
- Formatting Tags
- Customize Shortcuts
- Custom Slides
- Exporting Songs
- Song Usage Tracking
- The Web Remote
- The Stage View
- The Main View
- The Chord View
- Android Remote
- iOS Remote
Questions and Troubleshooting¶
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Something has gone wrong, what should I do to help get it fixed?
- What information should I include in a bug report?
- I have been asked to email a debug log, where do I find this?
- I can not play videos or other library items.
- The Library appears to be missing some features
- I can not see the book, chapter, and verse when I display scripture
- I am using PowerPoint 2010 or PowerPoint Viewer 2010 and presentations do not work
- I have PowerPoint installed but it does not show as a presentation option
- I am running a Linux Distro and cannot see the menu icons
- I chose to use a web Bible but it did not download the entire Bible
- OpenLP is using a large amount of RAM when showing a presentation
- OpenLP is not displaying correctly, or is not on the correct screen
- Previews are slow to load when using a theme with an image background
- OpenLP crashes on startup on Windows
- I saved service-files in the servicemanager folder but now they are gone
- OpenLP freezes on Xfce4 in a dual monitor setup
- MP3’s and other audio formats do not work
- Videos can be slow or pixelated. Background Videos are very slow
- Downgrade guide (how to restore a backup)