The following are the menu items that are listed across the top of OpenLP. There is a brief description or link for their intended purpose.
- Creates a new service. New, Open and Saving the Service
- Load an existing service. New, Open and Saving the Service
- Saves your existing loaded service.
- Save As:
- Saves your newly created service.
- Recent Files:
- Displays your last files opened configurable here. UI Settings (user interface)
- Clear List:
- Clears your recent files list.
This provides the items you can import.
- Import your configurable settings from another computer. Learn more about Backing up OpenLP.
- Import a theme that has been previously exported. Importing Themes
- Import your songs previously exported. Song Importer
- CCLI SongSelect:
- Import your songs from CCLI SongSelect. Song Importer
- Import Bibles from another program, the internet or a previously exported Bible from OpenLP. Bible Import Wizard
Provides the items you can export.
- Print Service:
- Gives you the ability to print your service. Print Service
- Closes OpenLP. If there is an open service that has not been saved you will be prompted to do so.
These three settings are optimized for setup and live display.
Clicking on any of the next items will hide or show its respective panel.
- Media Manager:
- Hide or show Media Manager.
- Projector Manager:
- Hide or show Projector Manager.
- Service Manager:
- Hide or show Service Manager.
- Theme Manager:
- Hide or show Themes.
- Preview Panel:
- Hide or show the preview panel.
- Live Panel:
- Hide or show the live panel.
- Lock Panels:
- Using this lock will keep all your panel settings the way they are when clicked, whether hidden or showing. Click this again to unlock the panels.
- Open Data Folder:
- You can access your OpenLP data here. Your Bibles, songs, themes and other items are stored here.
Note: It is possible to delete a Bible, theme or another resource you need. If anything is deleted in this folder it is not recoverable through OpenLP.
- Re-run First Time Wizard:
- This will bring up the dialog box to run the first time wizard again. First Time Wizard
- Update Theme Images:
- Changing screen resolution can have an affect on theme images. Use this to correct the images.
- Find Duplicate Songs:
- Start wizard for detecting and removing duplicate songs.
- Re-index Songs:
- This rebuilds the internal song indexes to make them work following code corrections. You would generally use this after a software upgrade.
- Song Usage Tracking:
Configure your song usage tracking. Song Usage Tracking
- Toggle Tracking:
- Provides the means to turn song usage tracking on or off. There will be a visible check mark if song usage tracking is on.
- Extract Tracking Data:
- Brings up a dialog box to extract song usage data.
- Delete Tracking Data:
- Brings up a dialog box to delete song usage data.
Alert: Configure an alert. Alert
- Plugin List:
- Provides the configurable settings to control your plugin’s. Plugin List
- You can choose another language here or leave it on Autodetect.
- Configure Formatting Tags:
- Provides the configurable settings for formatting tags. Formatting Tags
- Configure Shortcuts:
- Provides the configurable settings for shortcuts. Customize Shortcuts
- Configure OpenLP:
- Provides the configurable settings for OpenLP. Configuring OpenLP
- Online Help:
- This is a direct link to OpenLP’s operating manual.
- Web Site:
- This is a direct link to OpenLP’s web site.
- Provides information, credits and license for OpenLP.